Pages

Sunday 14 January 2018

SLJ Week 2 Day - Activity 1, 2 and 3

🌎           Toby's Summer Learning Journey    🌎
Activity 1

This cathedral is called Saint Basil's Cathedral or the Cathedral of Vasily the Blessed.

It is in Red Square in Moscow, Russia.

They started building it in 1555 and finished building it in 1561. It took 6 years to build.

I chose this cathedral because it looks bright in the dark. I also like the roof, it looks like it might come from India.It is now a museum.

Activity 2

What you think about the fact that women were not allowed to vote in Saudi Arabia until 2015. Is it fair? Why or why not?

I think women should be allowed to vote so they can help choose who will rule their country. If they don't get to vote I think they should not have to listen to the president and do as he says.

Activity 3 

Flanders Fields

The poem made me feel happy and sad. It made me feel happy because the men fought for us so we would be alive.

We are the Dead. Short days ago
We lived, felt dawn, saw sunset glow,
Loved and were loved, and now we lie
In Flanders fields.

This verse made me feel sad because so many people lost their lives. Many men never came back to our beautiful country but they died fighting for us.

1 comments:

Nicky Bloy said...

Hey Toby!

Nicky here again, well done on completing another set of activities! It's great to have you back blogging again. I hope you had a great holiday!

Good choice Toby, I agree with you, St. Basil's Cathedral looks very cool and colourful! It also looks like it could be a castle from a Disney movie. It's amazing that it took so long to build these cathedral's, but you can see why! Would you like to go and visit this cathedral and go through it one day?

I agree with you, and I think that's an interesting point you make about women not having to listen to the president or prime minister if they aren't allowed to vote. Imagine if only men had to follow the rules and not women... I can see there being a little bit of chaos!

You're right, that verse is a sad reminder of the price that was paid for our nation today and that they never lived to see the impact they made. Do you know if you had any family serve in the war, Toby?

Keep up the fantastic work!

Nicky :)

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.